Insurance Fix


At A. Giffney & Sons Ltd we carry out insurance work on residential and commercial property.

You are not legally obliged to have home insurance, but if you have a mortgage, your lender can insist that you have buildings insurance. This will allow you to afford rebuilding your home if it is destroyed. Even if you don’t have a mortgage and you own your home, it is wise to have home insurance so you can pay to repair or replace buildings. Buildings insurance usually covers:

  • The structure of your home including the roof, walls, windows and doors.
  • Permanent fittings such as tiled or hardwood floors, bathroom fittings and fitted kitchens.
  • The garage, and some of the outbuildings such as a garden shed or a farm building.
  • Garden walls, gates and fences.